Monday, May 20, 2013

The Chance to Step out of the Boat

“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.” “Come,” he said.
 Matthew 14:28-29

I was recently sharing with a friend about our family moving to Mississippi and her response caught me off guard, but it was a wonderful word from the Lord. She said to me, "That's wonderful that you get the opportunity to step out of the boat and rely on the Lord!" And then I thought, that is exactly what we are doing. We are stepping out of the boat despite the raging storm and despite the fact that water is all around us. Why are we stepping out of the boat? Because Jesus said, "COME." So when I feel myself becoming scared or anxious I just tell myself, "Don't look at the water! Don't look at the water!" I know that if I keep my eyes on Jesus and my faith in Him, He will calm the storm after our faith has been tested and strengthened.

 "And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down." Matthew 14:32

It wasn't until after Jesus and Peter climbed back in the boat that the wind died down and the storm was calmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment